Did You Know...
* Remember a few years ago when a jet flying out of LaGuardia lost both engines after a bird strike? The plane was at a mere 3,200 feet and still managed to stay in the air for FOUR MINUTES and fly the length of Manhattan before ditching safely in the Hudson River.
* There are around over a thousand species of scorpions. *Vikings used the skulls of their enemies as drinking vessels.
* There are 92 known cases of nuclear bombs lost at sea.
* The rock band Van Halen's original name was Mammoth!
* The first bomb dropped by the Allies on berlin in WW2 killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
* In the 1930's, American track star Jesse Owens used to race against horses and dogs to earn a living.
* Harry S. Truman was the last U.S. President with no college degree.
And so it goes.....
Today's Trivia Question:
What is the abnormal fear of happiness, gaiety, and fun called?
Answer : Cherophobia
posted by Theo. 5/16/2011